Master Admissions is owned and operated by Betsy Massar, Harvard MBA.
After graduating from Harvard Business School, Betsy worked on Wall Street for Goldman Sachs and then Bankers Trust (now Deutsche Bank). In the midst of both up and down markets, she learned the art and science of selling in a competitive environment. She later lived and worked in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Vietnam for a decade, alternately as a securities salesperson and journalist for Euromoney Institutional Investor.
After a decade abroad, once back in the U.S., she combined sales, marketing and writing/editing experience into positions in marketing and communications for both Barclays Global Investors and for Franklin Templeton Investments. She has been helping candidates in their applications to business school since she was in her second year at Harvard.
Betsy has mentored and edited writers with a wide range of talents, from those with only a rough facility with English to veteran newspaper journalists. She has been a coach for the critical analytical thinking course at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. She also has been quoted widely in media such as Forbes, Fox Business News, Poets & Quants, MBA Podcaster, Forbes and the Daily Muse. She has studied French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Vietnamese, and currently volunteers at an ESL (English as a second language) program for new immigrants. Betsy is a graduate of Vassar College and is a lifetime member of the Hong Kong Foreign Correspondents Club.
Betsy has counseled and coached applicants to MBA programs such as the following:
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- The Wharton Business School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Babson Graduate School of Business
- Duke Fuqua School of Business
- Georgetown McDonough School of Business
- Henley Business School (UK)
- IMD (Switzerland)
- Imperial College Business School (London)
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- London Business School
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Rice University Jones School of Business
- Santa Clara University Levey School of Business
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UCLA Anderson School of Business
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- University of Indiana Kelley School of Business
- University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
- University of San Francisco
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Yale School of Management
Betsy has over 20 years' experience helping speakers communicate in written and spoken English. She has worked with native speakers of a variety of languages, including
- Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, and dialect)
Board Member, Assoc. of International Graduate Admissions Consultants (AIGAC)